I.T. Support Technician I Open Until Filled
- - MIS
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI, USA
- Full Time
The I.T. Support Technician I, under the direction of the Gaming Systems Administrator, is responsible for providing technical assistance for personal computers and peripherals within the Sault Tribe and for documenting all changes. The position is also responsible for ensuring the stability and integrity of all computer hardware and software.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Performs Help Desk duties to include taking calls and recording tickets.
- Notifies and provides updates to appropriate staff to aid in problem resolution.
- Troubleshoots, performs repairs and maintenance on hardware and software.
- Meets and communicates with customers and vendors about issues, resolutions and pricing.
- Installs and relocates hardware and software.
- Documents time, inventory and work completed.
- Provides basic internal and external network support.
- Produces and updates documentation to systems.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Manages time and resources efficiently and effectively.
- Researches and tests new hardware and software.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of Sault Tribe information.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers and outside vendor/service providers.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Physical factors include constant use of near vision and typing; frequent walking, lifting, sitting, kneeling and use of mid/color vision; and occasional standing, pushing/pulling, climbing, stooping, crawling, reaching, manual handling, use of hearing, smell, far vision, depth perception, field of vision, bending and driving. Working conditions include occasional exposure to extreme cold and noise. Potential hazards include constant computer and equipment use and occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, electric shock, client contact and equipment.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Associates Degree in Computers/Electronics or one year of experience preferred.
Certification/License: Must undergo a Criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable by the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must comply with the annual driver license review and insurability standards with the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have knowledge of current and old operating systems. Must have knowledge and be able to use word processing, spreadsheet and database software, including internet browser software. Must have knowledge of use and set-up of PC imaging and backup systems. Must have knowledge of personal and network printers. Must have knowledge of remote desktop. Must be able to troubleshoot. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisory personnel, coworkers and the general public. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in person, in writing, and by telephone and email. Must have organizational skills and be able to plan, prioritize and manage work load to meet goals in a timely manner. Must be dependable and able to work late evening and early morning shifts. Must be able to follow oral and written directions. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.