Gaming Systems Administrator Open Until Filled
- - MIS
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI, USA
- Salary Based Upon Experience: 57,181.28-67,860
- Full Time
The Gaming Systems Administrator, under the direction of the MIS Director, is responsible for the efficiency and effectiveness of various gaming systems to support a casino, hotel, gaming environment, including servers, interfaces, PC workstations, gaming equipment, hotel equipment and associated software. The position is responsible for implementing IT initiatives and organizational standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Ensures customers' needs are met on a timely basis and processes are put in place for efficient and effective operations.
- Provides administration of the computer hardware and software of the area assigned.
- Manages the technical staff to support the technological needs of a gaming environment; i.e. hires, fires, disciplinary actions, completes performance evaluations and approves leave.
- Provides project management on assigned technology projects.
- Provides technical guidance to staff based on personal knowledge and research.
- Maintains the security of a gaming environment's information technology resources.
- Ensures processes and resources are put in place to ensure preparedness for outages or disasters of gaming systems.
- Provides training to staff and ensures departmental training resources are used effectively.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Acts as back-up to other MIS positions as needed.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers and outside vendor/service providers.
Position light primarily sitting and lifting a maximum of 50 pounds. Physical factors include constant use of near vision and typing; frequent walking, sitting, kneeling, use of midrange/color vision; and occasional standing, carrying/lifting, pushing/pulling, climbing, stooping, crawling, reaching, manual handling, use of hearing, smell, far vision, depth perception, field of vision, occasional travel and bending. Working conditions include occasional exposure to extreme heat and noise. Potential hazards include constant computer and equipment use and occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, electric shock and client contact.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in a Business or Technology related field required; Five (5) years demonstrated ability in relevant work experience may be substituted for education.
Experience: Minimum of 4 years of experience working in a technical field required.
Certification/License: Must undergo a Criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Strong technical knowledge of gaming computer systems required. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory required. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows for Server and PC required. Knowledge of IP based network hardware and communications required. Knowledge of data storage structures and systems using RAID on Standard, NAS and SAN required. Knowledge of Business Continuity and Data System Security. Knowledge of Wireless Networking Hardware and Configuration. Knowledge of various gaming hardware, i.e. slot, count, and hotel equipment preferred. Knowledge of gaming, business and data processing terminology preferred. Knowledge of Bally CMP, Agilysys POS, Agilysys Visual 1 preferred. Knowledge of PCI Compliance Requirements and Credit Card Processing Systems preferred. Knowledge of Document Imaging Systems preferred. Knowledge of various business/governmental hardware, including POS and document scanners preferred. Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange preferred. Knowledge of Accounting principles and practices preferred. Must have excellent organization skills; organizing work, prioritizing tasks and managing time. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in person, in writing, and by telephone and email. Strong problem solving skills required. Strong diagraming and documentation skills required. Position on-call to deal with departmental functions and management issues based on business needs. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must be able to establish and maintain effective communication with co-workers, supervisors and the general public. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.