Line Cook (Christmas) Closes - Open Until Filled
- - Casino - Restaurant
- Christmas, MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Cook, under the direction of the Lead Cook, Restaurant Manager or Food and Beverage Manager, is responsible for preparing and cooking all food products, including soups, sauces, hot entrees, pastas and vegetables in a timely fashion in quantities as business volume dictates. The position assists in preparing and cooking for banquets, employee meals, and other special functions; including food products for the buffet and the up keep of the buffet. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Maintains, consistent and attractive product presentation thru portion control, fresh and attractive garnishes and strict adherence to recipe standards.
- Consults with Lead Cook or Food, Restaurant Manager or Beverage Manager on daily prep list and on all prep work to be done for the day and the following day.
- Cleans and restocks workstation for following shift.
- Prepares food items such as making cocktail sauce, tarter sauce, horseradish sauce, cutting lemons, etc.
- Takes temperatures each hour and logs information at end of shift.
- Works closely with the other Cooks to let them know when food products are getting low on buffet.
- Cooks, fills and refill food products and keeps buffet neat and clean.
- Carves a variety of roasted meat each night on buffet.
- Maintains clean and appetizing buffet and ensures food is fresh.
- Monitors temperatures and notifies management of issues.
- Demonstrates safety, security, and hospitality.
- Checks all backups for food already in use on the buffet.
- Checks temperature and water content levels on all food holding equipment in use.
- Informs the Lead Cook, Restaurant Manager or Food and Beverage Manager frequently on the status of the assigned prep work.
- Dates, labels, and stores all products in an efficient and sanitary manner.
- Keeps and maintains a high level of cleanliness and sanitation with equipment and workstation throughout shift.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Maintains safe food handling procedures while adhering to recipe standards.
- Operates a point of sale system (POS).
- Rotates food products in walk-ins and workstations.
- Attends all mandatory trainings and meetings.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position type heavy with lifting of 100 pounds with team or dual lifting and frequent lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, walking, pushing/pulling, use of hearing, smell near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision; frequent carrying/lifting, stooping, reaching, manual handling, typing and bending; occasional sitting, climbing, kneeling, crawling. Working conditions include constant exposure to noise and air quality; frequent exposure to extreme heat/cold and dimly lit conditions; occasional exposure to weather, wet/humidity and vibration. Potential hazards include constant exposure to moving mechanical parts, electric shock, chemicals, computer use and equipment; occasional exposure to high exposed places, and insecticides/pesticides.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Must have previous food and beverage preparation experience in a high volume operation. Experience in quantity cooking preferred.
Certification/License: Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Basic math skills required. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Sanitation Certificate required within 6 months of hire, training will be provided. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisory personnel, coworkers and the general public. Must be neat in appearance, must be friendly and polite. Must have a positive attitude and be a team player. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Native American preferred.