Fitness Center Supervisor Open Until Filled
- - Government - Chi Mukwa Recreation Center
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI, USA
- Dependent Upon Experience
- Full Time
The Fitness Center Supervisor, under supervisory direction of the Sault Tribe Health Center's Clinic Manager, is responsible for performing a variety of semi-professional, technical and administrative work in planning, developing and implementing a year-round fitness center services program. The position is responsible for performing a wide-range of activities related to Health, Wellness and Fitness Center finances and accounting, marketing and promotion of services, staffing and personnel operations, and discretionary activities that serve to support effective health and business operations. The position is responsible for the supervision of Fitness Center team members. The position is responsible for the operation of the Fitness Center and floor programming which includes the administration and direction involving fitness floor programs/equipment operations, aerobics/spin classes and administration duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to the following)
- Leads Fitness Center operations to achieve goals within available resources.
- Supervises the day-to-day operations and administration of the Fitness Center and other related fitness events and activities.
- Supervises and evaluates the work of assigned recreation personnel, completes performance evaluations and addresses performance related items and training needs.
- Works with team members to increase morale.
- Maintains team member schedules to keep Fitness Center opened during published hours of operations.
- Ensures team members comply with company policies and procedures.
- Ensures team members follow safe work practices and uses appropriate safety equipment.
- Acts as Project Leader for planning, designing, writing specifications and monitoring implementation of fitness center projects or events.
- Assists supervisors and management with budget information pertaining to equipment operations and maintenance.
- Oversees contracted services with fitness instructors, group facilitators, and planned fitness events to assure proper administration and to achieve desired outcomes.
- Monitors membership charges and fitness center equipment maintenance.
- Assists the Clinic Manager in the development and administration of the annual budget; implements essential cash and risk management safeguards.
- Ensures compliance with organizational requirements and fiscal processes; maintains financial records, including revenue and fees generated by memberships and sales.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to the following)
- Provides leadership to give exceptional customer service.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Contact with Health Division Director, immediate supervisor, Health Division staff, Health Board, Sault Tribe members and employees; community groups, outside vendors, club members, facility management and staff, volunteers, and through sales efforts will be in contact with members of sports teams, corporations, promoters, educational institutions and the general public.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/ carrying up to 25 pounds. Physical factors include frequent standing, walking, sitting, use of hearing, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision; occasional pushing/pulling, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, reaching, manual handling, use of smell and typing. Working conditions include frequent typing. Potential hazards include frequent computer and equipment use.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Physical Education, Fitness/Health, Leisure Studies, Athletic Training or related fields such as Business Administration/Management or Elementary or Secondary Education; or five (5) years demonstrated ability in relevant work experience may be substituted for education.
Experience: One year of supervisory experience preferred.
Certification/License: Fitness Certification(s) in International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA) or other Fitness Associations preferred. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification required within 3 months of hire; training provided by Health Program. Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must be able to promote and sell products and/or Fitness Center services. Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public. Must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, in a diverse range of audiences and settings. Must have excellent public relation/customer service skills and be able to exhibit a friendly and positive attitude. Must be able to use word processing, spreadsheet and database software. Knowledge of accounting software, point of sale and inventory software preferred. Must be able to work with minimal to no supervision. Must have excellent organizational skills; organizing work, prioritizing tasks and managing time. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts