Supply Technician Open Until Filled
- - Health
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI, USA
- Dependent Upon Experience
- Full Time
The Supply Technician, under the direction of the Operations Manager, is responsible for performing supply and procurement and inventory and asset management for the day-to-day operations of the Health Division's Supply Department. The position is responsible for managing capital assets, capital asset inventory control, managing the motor vehicle fleet, expendable supplies and maintaining inventories for supplies and equipment. The position is responsible for processing internal and external mail and performing the necessary administrative processes of the department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Processes and makes orders for supplies, small equipment and capital equipment.
- Maintains accurate inventory and provides reports.
- Maintains computerized databases and spreadsheets for the department.
- Processes internal and external mail and postage.
- Processes purchase orders and disbursement vouchers for invoice payments.
- Bills internal departments for supply orders.
- Manages departmental administrative records such as quotes, invoices, bills and other records.
- Manages the motor vehicle fleet.
- Maintains an accurate accounting and reporting system for all capital assets.
- Works with vendors to research and obtain equipment and supply quotes and ordering information.
- Manages the disposition of excess, damaged, and unneeded supplies and minor equipment.
- Performs physical inventories on supplies and capital assets.
- Distributes supplies and equipment throughout facility and Division.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, customers and outside vendor/service providers.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds.Physical factors include constant use of near vision; frequent manual handling, typing; occasional standing, walking, sitting, carrying/lifting, pushing/pulling, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, reaching, use of midrange/far vision, color/field of vision and bending. Working conditions include occasional exposure to weather, extreme heat/cold, wet/humidity and noise. Potential hazards include frequent patient contact and occasional exposure to electric shock, chemicals, insecticides, pesticides, infectious exposure, needles/syringes, and equipment/medical equipment. Personal protective equipment needed to perform functions of the job include items such as dollies, pallet jacks and push carts.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year of supply, procurement or inventory management experience required; 2 years preferred.
Certification/License: Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of supply and procurement processes required. Must be able to use word processing, spreadsheet and database software. Knowledge of physical inventory and inventory record keeping processes required. Knowledge of purchasing, ordering, receiving, storing and issuing capital and supplies and equipment required. Knowledge of healthcare supplies and equipment preferred. Knowledge of supply and procurement department records management systems required. Knowledge of inventory management and inventory report writing preferred. Knowledge of supply and procurement billing and procurement preferred. Knowledge of the postage services and mail and delivery service systems preferred. Must be able to establish and maintain effective communication with co-workers, supervisors and the general public. Must have good math skills. Must have excellent public relation/customer service skills and be able to exhibit a friendly and positive attitude. Must have organizational skills and be able to plan, prioritize and manage work load to meet goals in a timely manner. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American Preferred.