Pitboss III (Christmas) Closes - Open Until Filled
- - Gaming
- Christmas, MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Pitboss, under the direction of the Shift Manager, is responsible for overseeing the day to day functions of the Gaming Table area. The Pitboss is responsible for the opening and closing of tables and tracking of all cash dropped on tables. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Provides and ensures customers are provided prompt and courteous customer service.
- Monitors game operations and ensures compliance with applicable Tribal, Federal, State regulations and/or requirements.
- Observes customer behavior for signs of cheating, such as marking, switching, or counting cards, and notifies management and the Security Department of suspected cheating.
- Maintains good rapport with customers and fellow team members.
- Maintains database for player tracking and issue customers comps.
- Performs audits on gaming tables; chip counts, chip drops, calculates activity.
- Reports all pit issues to Shift Manager.
- Monitors and records customer activity.
- Tracks playing cards and records data in daily card logs.
- Reports customer activity in compliance with Title 31 and Currency Transaction Report (CTR) requirements.
- Complies with Company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Attends mandatory meetings and classes
- All other job related duties as assigned.
CONTACTS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments and customers.
Position light with lifting of 20 pounds and frequent lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing; frequent walking, manual handling, use of hearing, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision, occasional sitting/carrying/lifting, stooping, kneeling, reaching, typing and bending. Working conditions include frequent exposure to air quality and dimly lit conditions; occasional exposure to extreme heat and noise. Potential hazards include frequent computer use and equipment.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Four years of experience dealing cards in the Gaming industry preferred.
Certification/License: Must undergo a Criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have knowledge of the fundamentals of Casino games. Must be able to perform basic math. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must have the ability to make sound decisions. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisory personnel, coworkers, subordinates and the general public. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.