Maintenance Technician (Cultural Camp) Open Until Filled
- - Cultural
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Maintenance Technician, under the direction of the Cultural Buildings Coordinator, is responsible for assisting with Cultural Camp activities and with events in the Cultural Department. The Maintenance Technician will perform routine housekeeping, grounds keeping, repair and maintenance tasks for the MaryMurrayCulturalBuilding.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Performs lawn maintenance tasks such as mowing, weed eating, raking leaves, trimming bushes, minor landscaping and keeping nature trails free from debris and fallen trees.
- Maintains nature trails, doorways and handicap ramp, fire escape, roof and garage in the summer and winter months.
- Maintains inside of building by performing light janitorial work such as sweeping, mopping, dusting, disposing of garbage and cleaning of spills and changing filters.
- Maintains and assists with repairing small engine equipment.
- Prepares Sugarbush Prep by drilling holes into trees and placing spouts in and hanging bags on trees.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Transports tools and equipment to and from work site.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position heavy with lifting of 100 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing walking, pushing/pulling, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, reaching, manual handling, use of near/midrange vision, bending; frequent of far vision, depth perception, field of vision; occasional sitting, use of hearing, smell, color vision and driving. Working conditions include constant exposure to weather; frequent exposure to extreme cold, wet/humidity and occasional exposure to extreme heat and noise. Potential hazards include constant exposure to moving mechanical parts; frequent exposure to equipment; occasional exposure to electric shock, high exposed places, chemicals, insecticides/pesticides, infectious exposure, client contact, needles/syringes and computer use.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: One year of maintenance experience preferred.
Certification/License: Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable by the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must comply with annual driver's license review and insurability standards with the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of the Anishinabe Culture and customs preferred. Must be able to maintain and operate lawn mowers, weed whips, drills or other tools/equipment of the trade. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must be able to work with minimal to no supervision. Must have organization skills; organizing work, prioritizing tasks and managing time. Must be able to establish and maintain effective communication with co-workers, supervisors, vendors and guests. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts