Housekeeping Technician Open Until Filled
- - Health
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Housekeeping Technician, under the direction of the Facility Manager, is responsible for performing cleaning and sanitizing in an ambulatory healthcare setting and assisting with facility security as defined by the division.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Cleans and disinfects patient care areas, public areas and waiting areas; i.e. hallways, walls, vents and windows and rugs, public and employee restrooms of the facility.
- Cleans team member offices to include dusting vacuuming sweeping and cleaning high touch items like phones and door handles.
- Removes trash from the facility on a routine basis.
- Maintains carpet and tile floors of the facility, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, stripping and waxing floors.
- Removes and properly disposes of biohazard medical waste.ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, customers and outside vendor/service providers.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Physical factors include constant use of near/midrange vision; frequent standing, walking, manual handling, use of hearing, use of smell, depth perception, color/field of vision, bending; occasional sitting climbing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, reaching, use of far vision and typing. Working conditions include occasional exposure to weather, extreme heat/cold, wet/humidity, noise and air quality. Potential hazards include frequent client contact, exposure to needles/syringes, occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, electric shock, chemicals, infectious exposure, computer and equipment use. Protective equipment/clothing needed to perform job include safety gloves, eye protection, steel toed boots and winter weather clothing; protective equipment/clothing provided by employer.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Certification/License: Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing.Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of cleaning and disinfecting in a healthcare setting preferred. Knowledge of the use of floor maintenance and cleaning equipment preferred. Knowledge of hard tile floor maintenance equipment and chemicals for stripping waxing floors preferred. Knowledge of bloodborne pathogens and handling bio hazard medical & hazardous waste preferred. Ability to use power floor maintenance equipment preferred. Must have excellent public relation/customer service skills and be able to exhibit a friendly and positive attitude. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Native American preferred.