Maintenance Technician Specialist Open Until Filled
- - Facilities
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI, USA
- Dependent Upon Experience
- Full Time
The Maintenance Technician Specialist, under the direction of the Facilities Management Supervisor is responsible for performing a wide variety of skilled and semi-skilled tasks, inspection, maintenance repairs, preventative Maintenance work, and housekeeping tasks. Assist other Facilities Management team members as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Inspect repairs and completes preventative maintenance tasks on all Facilities properties.
- Inspect and repair all HVAC equipment semi-annually Spring/Fall including filter replacement.
- Inspect and repair minor electrical issues to include; replacement of light fixtures, outlets, ballasts, photo cells etc.
- Inspect and repair minor plumbing issues to include; replacement of plumbing fixtures, pipes, water lines, mixing valves and water tanks.
- Perform wide variety of carpentry, sheetrock and painting repairs on all facilities.
- Clears stoppages in sinks, urinals, toilet bowls and sewer lines maintains and troubleshoots septic system and maintenance issues.
- Oversees contractors for quality and completeness of contracted work for none life safety work.
- Oversees contractors are following NFPA codes for all life safety equipment to insure that the equipment responds correctly
- Responds to maintenance and repair requests from other departments and buildings in a timely manner. Must be able to handle and take charge of situations that call for immediate attention.
- Removes snow and ice from walkways and roof systems using a wide variety of equipment during winter months. Cut grass during the summer months.
- Performs yearly inspections on all facilities grounds and life safety equipment to insure that the equipment responds correctly.
- Maintains inventory, complete requisitions and orders housekeeping and maintenance supplies.
- Cleans daily, i.e. sweeps, scrubs, mops, waxes floors, vacuums, dusts, washes window and disposes of trash at various tribal office buildings.
- Repairs screens and windows.
- Landscaping includes; cutting down small trees, shrubs, flower beds, etc.
- Cleans various types of building floor surfaces to include vinyl, vinyl composition tile and ceramic tile.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position lifts objects over 100 pounds with team or dual lifting and frequent lifting/carrying of more than 50 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, walking, sitting, reaching, manual handling, use of hearing, smell, near/mid/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision, bending; frequent pushing/pulling, climbing, stooping, kneeling; occasional crawling and typing. Working conditions including frequent exposure to weather, extreme heat/cold, wet/humidity, noise and vibration. Potential hazards include constant exposure to moving mechanical parts, frequent infectious exposure and exposure to needles/syringes and occasional exposure to electric shock, high exposed places, chemicals, insecticides/pesticides, computer and equipment use.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required.
Experience: Five years combined experience in Maintenance, Construction and HVAC required.
Certification/License: Must successfully complete a Trade or Technical School Certificate in HVAC/R from an accredited learning institution within one year of employment required. Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable by the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must comply with annual driver's license review and insurability standards with the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain good moral character. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of OSHA regulations required. Must have knowledge of cleaning supplies/chemicals and their proper usage. Knowledge of safety hazards associated with working in inclement weather, climbing, ladders, tools and equipment use required. Knowledge of cleaning equipment and how to properly use cleaning supplies required. Must be able to establish and maintain effective communication with co-workers, supervisors and the general public in writing, and by telephone and email. Must be able to work with minimal or no supervision. Must have excellent organizational skills; provide strong leadership, prioritize project tasks, meet project deadlines and effectively communicate with personnel, coworkers, subordinates and the general public. Position required being on call to deal with facility based emergencies. Reading/following blueprints, heating ventilation and air conditioning repairs and installing new equipment etc., Electrical, Plumbing, and Construction. Must be able to travel. Native American preferred. Must maintain confidentiality.