Driver (Behavioral Health) Full Time / Regular Open Until Filled
- - Behavioral Health
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Driver, under the direction of the Road to Wellness Coordinator, is responsible for providing pre-arranged transportation for adults to and from non-emergency medical appointments. This includes but is not limited to transporting to hospitals, regional medical facilities, health clinics and doctor offices.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Conducts pre and post-trip inspections of GSA vehicles prior to every trip.
- Reports any accidents and passenger injuries to the Grant Coordinator.
- Instructs passengers regarding their safety responsibilities.
- Drives defensively under varying traffic conditions and inclement weather.
- Performs vehicle housekeeping duties inside and out.
- Maintains vehicle maintenance records; services performed with dates, times, etc.
- Ensures safety of all passengers who will be transported by the Road to Wellness Program.
- Maintains logs with dates, times, etc. for clients served.
- Maintains confidentiality of clients served.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Exhibits a positive image as a Behavioral Health Representative.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position very heavy with lifting objects over 100 pounds with team or dual lifting with frequent lifting/carrying of more than 50 pounds. Physical factors include constant sitting, use of hearing, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision and driving; frequent walking, lifting, reaching, occasional standing, carrying, pushing/pulling, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, manual handing, bending, use of smell and typing. Working conditions include constant exposure to weather, extreme heat/cold, wet/humidity; frequent exposure to vibration; occasional exposure to noise and air quality.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: One year of experience transporting passengers preferred.
Certification/License: Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable by the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must comply with annual driver license review and insurability standards with the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must obtain Chauffeur's license within one month of employment. Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Must complete certification for CPR and first aid within one month of hire. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must have ability to operate all vehicle types used in transporting clients to their destinations. Must be willing to travel throughout the seven county service area of the Upper Peninsula and occasionally outside the seven county area and in the Lower Peninsula. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.