USDA Program Director Closes: 02-06-2022
- - ACFS
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Program Director, under the direction of the ACFS Director, is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the USDA Department. The position is responsible for ensuring compliance with USDA/FDPIR program requirements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Prepares budgets and oversees the financial administration of the USDA/FDPIR program.
- Provides oversite of the daily FDPIR/USDA operations.
- Provides overall direction, coordination, evaluation, coaching and development of program staff.
- Develops departmental plans, goals and objectives and ensures compliance with Tribal, State and Federal regulations.
- Submits grant applications, maintains grant documentation and ensures reporting requirements to funding agencies are met; including but not limited to annual reporting to USDA/FDPIR.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with USDA regulations.
- Ensures appropriate records are kept, proper inventory management practices are followed and program integrity is maintained.
- Participates in inter-agency and related programs at the local, state, regional and federal level.
- Writes and implements department policies and procedures.
- Oversees warehouse operations and ensures equipment is operational and up to code specific standards.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Works collaboratively with the Division, Tribe, Board of Directors, State and Federal agencies in developing USDA Program service delivery systems.
- Attends and participates in national and regional USDA mandated conferences.
- Participates in regional and National Federal USDA consultations.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers, outside vendor/service providers, Department of Agriculture Federal, Regional and Field Office levels representatives and National Association of Food Distribution Programs in Indian Reservations representatives.
Position sedentary primarily sitting/lifting of 50 pounds. Physical factors include frequent sitting; occasional standing, walking, carrying/lifting, pushing/pulling, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, reaching, manual handling, use of hearing, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision, bending and travel. Working conditions include occasional exposure to weather, extreme heat/cold, wet/humidity, noise and air quality. Potential hazards include constant computer use; frequent client contact, and equipment use; occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, insecticides/pesticides and infectious exposure.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's Degree in Human Services, Business, Nutrition Education or five years demonstrated ability in related work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Experience: Minimum of five years of experience in Human Services, Business, Nutrition Education or FDPIR/USDA required in addition to above stated degree requirements. Minimum of five years supervisory experience required.
Certification/License: Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of USDA FDPIR, federal, state and legislative laws and regulations preferred. Knowledge of financial planning and management required. Knowledge of program planning and development required. Knowledge of governmental Accounting required. Knowledge of Tribal policies and procedures preferred. Must be able to establish and maintain effective communication with co-workers, supervisors, subordinates, and the general public. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in person, in writing, and by telephone and email. Must have excellent conflict resolution skills. Must be able to work in high stress environment and handle difficult situations. Must have public speaking skills. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts