- - Government - Dental
- Manistique, MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Chief Solo Dentist, under the direction of the Health Center Clinic Manager or Community Health Program Manager-Rural, is responsible for providing direct delivery of dental care at the St. Ignace Tribal Health Center Dental Clinic or Manistique Tribal Center Dental clinic. The Chief Solo Dentist is responsible for providing supervision of the dental clinic in assigned facility.
- Provides Clinic Manager with input on budgets and summary reports.
- Prepares and distributes all personnel issues to Sault Tribe Health Center Administration.
- Interviews and selects Dental staff members with assistance from the Dental Director.
- Orients and trains new Dental staff members.
- Directs and supervises team members within the Dental Clinic to develop positive morale and team spirit while ensuring accountability for delegated responsibilities.
- Supervises and evaluates the work of assigned personnel, completes performance evaluations and addresses performance related items and training needs.
- Determines promotional opportunities of Dental Assistants into new skill level with assistance from the Dental Director.
- Oversees Dental Quality Assurance program.
- Provides direct dental care for patients at the St. Ignace or Manistique Health Center locations.
- Conducts dental examinations and determines treatment plan for patients.
- Provides diagnostic, preventative, restorative, endodontic, periodontic, prosthodontics, surgical, interceptive-orthodontic and adjunct general services for patients.
- Refers patients to specialty and generalist care as needed.
- Coordinates Contract Health referrals for eligible patients.
- Follows Privacy Act Guidelines.
Education: Doctor of Dental Science (DDS) or Doctor of Medical Dentistry (DMD) degree required.
Certification/License: Must have and maintain current Michigan Dental License. Must have and maintain Drug Enforcement Administration License. Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have demonstrated the ability to learn business and managerial principles. Must have advanced training in general dentistry. Will need to develop knowledge of Indian Health Service (IHS) Dental Guidelines and Standards of Care and OSHA Regulations with regard to dental practice. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate effectively and clearly, verbally and in writing, by telephone and email and in a diverse range of audiences and settings. Must be able to work under pressure and handle difficult situations. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must have excellent organizational skills; organizing work, prioritizing tasks and managing time. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.